Some important trivia on Spanish grammar ~ Learn Spanish language fast | free memory tricks | Spanish vocabulary lessons.
-->

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Some important trivia on Spanish grammar


Spanish presents few grammatical difficulties. The main difficulties, shared with other Romance languages, are:


Word genders: All nouns are either masculine or feminine . For instance, the famous phrase from an Arnold Schwarzenegger line, 'No problemo!', is an error in Spanish! The word problema, despite its ending in -a, is a masculine. Students of Spanish tend to 'correct' the felt gender of the word, problemo (masculine) with a more masculine-sounding, -o ending. However, the correct phrase is, 'No problema!'. I got myself scolded by the Dominican wife of the owner of a favorite restaurant of mine when I tried my Spanish on her with this innocuous phrase, so I remember it. But there are scores of such mistakes you can make in Spanish. You just have to deal with it if you don't want to sound like a moron.

Conjugation: Unlike English, Spanish verbs take many, many different endings depending on the tense, mood and person doing the action of the verb. If this is your first Romance language, it will take some study. If it is your first language with a strong conjugation, it will take more study. It is not immensely difficult and with a good language program and dedication, you should be able to overcome this difficulty.

Subjunctive: The subjunctive mood is a key point to master in Spanish as in other Romance languages. You absolutely need to have this one right, even if it looks a bit alien, otherwise your Spanish will sound awkward.

moncler jackets said...

It is an inflected language, with a basic two-gender system (plus a residual neutral gender), and about fifty conjugated forms per verb, but with no noun declension and with a simplified pronominal declension.

Nike shox clearance said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.Any way Ill be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

Ray Ban sunglasses said...

Everything you will ever need to know about Spanish grammar is right here! .... landmarks is a site that we will learn more about in our "Trivia Cultural. ... surely houses one of the most important art collections in the world.

gucci outlet online store said...

And wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.Surely houses one of the most important art collections in the world.

Coach online outlet store said...

it's made based on fun-filled mnemonics, learning Spanish in this way would be the same as a kid who is just having a good time, while building up one's knowledge on the Spanish vocabulary.

Rosetta Stone said...

I just happened to find your blog, and hope that I really like to read your blog posts. Any way you are not subscribe to feed, I hope you again soon.

asics shoes said...

You write really good articles, very attractive, I feel very shocked. I hope you can continue with your work, come on!

gucci outlet said...

Make correction to these sentences for me please.I would buy a car with the money Compraría un carro con el diner.

Summer camps France said...

Thank you for your hard work and sharing it with us. It goes well appreciated in my book.